Apple iPad Air 4 Launched With Superfast A14 Chip; Know Price, Specs And Everything You Need To Know
iPad Air 4: Although the much anticipated smartphone of the year iPhone 12 was not launched, Apple launched its iPad Air 4 tablet, successor to the iPad Air (2019) that launched last year, at its much-awaited mega annual event ‘Time Flies’. The company has marked 10 years of iPad this year.
The chief upgrade in this new version of iPad Air is that it uses an A14 chipset. The A14 Bionic is widely assumed to be Apple’s new chip that will also be appearing in the iPhone 12.
Here is a look at key features of the new tablet
- iPad Air features Apple’s first Touch ID sensor built into a power button.
- It has a full-screen design display
- This new iPad has a single rear camera and a 10.9-inch Liquid Retina Display 2360 x 1640.
- A14 Bionic chip inside is the first 5nm chipset in an Apple mobile tablet
- The iPad Air has a flat edge and some subtle edge buttons – it looks a lot like an iPad Pro.
- It is equipped with a USB-C port
- There’s a 7MP f/2.2 front camera and 12MP f/1.8 rear camera
- It supports well the second-generation Apple Pencil
- It offers 40% better CPU performance and 30% better graphics performance than the 2019 version
Price and availability:
iPad Air (2020) price starts at $599 in the US and it will be available from the beginning of the next month.
iPad 8th Gen:
Apple also announced the iPad 8th Gen successor to the 2019 version of Apple iPad 7th generation. It functions on the A12 Bionic chip, a Touch ID and a form factor similar to the previous version.